Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Damn you Google!

Damn you and your repeating lactose adds!

*sigh* I got to treat myself to some Spumoni last night at the good ole Spaghetti Factory. Yes, not much of the culinary visits that you're used to - but man, I can't get enough of their Mizithra and Brown Butter pasta. yeah! My friend ordered an extra side of brown butter. I had a little of it added onto my pasta...but boy, just looking at that side of burnt butter will give you a heart attack.

Another "chain-like" place I like to go to is Olive Garden. When I go there - I have them make me a special dish...yeah, I know..."high maintenance". But really - you'll end up doing the same thing if you like mussels. It's fairly simple, just have them add pasta (linguine will do just fine) to their mussels appetizer dish (Mussels di Napoli) using the same sauce and whoala! you've got your own mussels pasta dish that would cost you much more if you were to order the same thing in a french restaurant. I can't get enough of it. And top it off with a bottle (or a glass if you're on your own) of their signature Principato Rosso, an 'Everyday Italian Reds' wine. Oh, y'know it's one of the best red wines (in my price range) that I've ever had. It's so good that we go to eat at Olive Garden sometimes just to get the bottle of wine. You see, Olive Garden doesn't have a liquor distributor's license. They can serve alcohol, but they can't distribute it - so they actually have to uncork the bottle - pour you a glass before you can walk out of the restaurant with it. Craziness! But it's the law. Anyway, I don't mind - it's just another excuse to get a chance to order my signature dish. Hmm, I'm sure I haven't been the first to do it ofcourse so I can't really take credit. You've GOT to try this out if you're a mussels lover. Yum-e!

man - think I'm eating at Olive Garden tonight...

(props: wish you were here to enjoy it with me lil' sis!)

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe - the theory is that somehow, all the alcohol cuts through the buttery grease and somehow helps digestion of fat...

...yeah, right.

Watch me drop dead tomorrow...you get my mixer if I do. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home