Monday, August 15, 2005

Raise your hand if you're...

lactose intolerant...

*sigh* I just couldn't resist the sale on Frosted Flakes at the local grocery store. And now I'm paying for it. But man, I just love milk! Though I've migrated away from "whole" milk to "2%", it doesn't help much.

I'm gonna try vanilla soy milk as recommended by my girlfriend from work. I smelled soy milk once back in college and I almost threw up. So...I'm hoping that my taste buds have changed after all these years towards soy milk as it has toward other foods I used to hate. But Mom, don't get me wrong...I still hate egg-plant and bitter-melon so don't go making any of those dishes as a surprise for me when I come to visit!

3 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Rokes said...

I'm raising my hand!

I know, I LOVE milk too; I used to drink 3 half-gallon cartons A WEEK when I was younger. Crazy, huh? Now I have to have the "lactose-free" kind, and I'm not talking Lactaid. That stuff is GROSS. It has a "chemical" taste to it, and it's horrible! I've been getting the fat free versions of Lucerne or Land O'Lakes. They have a slight sweet flavor, but I've gotten used to it!

Don't forget to tell your mom not to serve you okra either! Ha, ha!!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Yum-e said...

LOL - I almost forgot about Okra...thanks for reminding me!

Hmm, I gots to try that other milk you spoke about. Thanks for the taste warning about Lactaid...yeeeck.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Yum-e said...

he gained 2 pounds in a week?! screw whole milk then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home