Monday, August 29, 2005

Sweet Tooth...

Whoah, I made that Creme Brule French Toast I told you about earlier and boy, was it S*W*E*E*T! I HIGHLY recommend serving this dish with Ice Cream - a nice Vanilla with real vanilla bean is recommended - but really any vanilla will do. Oh - it was too sweet for some of my friends; but it was good none the less.

Another recommendation, serve it HOT. I made it a bit early and had to serve it a few hours later. I warmed the dish up before serving it but it didn't have the same effect as when it's right out of the oven. It was much thicker back at the house after I had just made it. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I'd have let this puppy come to room temperature on the drive over to the party and then popped it into the oven sometime after we all started eating. oh well - an idea for next time.

All in all - it was a cool dessert...I used King's Hawaiian Sweet bread since I couldn't find the round french bread that I wanted. I think the french bread might hold it's thickenss more than the Hawaiian Sweet bread - but I think the Hawaiian Sweet bread tastes better when this is used as a dessert. Cut thicker slices when using the Hawaiian Sweet Bread since my dessert flattened out too much for me.

One of the comments - "its similar to a bread pudding like consistency"...which to most isn't bad. An idea instead of serving ice cream with it is to make a creme anglaise sauce and drizzle generously over the dessert. oh yeah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home