Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Now THAT'S coffee

Today - a group of girls and I went to have a girl's birthday lunch since 3 of them are all born within a week of each other. We had teppanyaki at this place called Chomp where our bill came to less than $10 a person with a $25 coupon that I bought off of Restaurant.com (see link to right) for like $5 since they had a big big sale. Watching the cook flip the shrimp into the air and do volcanos with the onion and some oil was fun...but I just have to tell you about the coffee we got afterwards. We got some coffee from Lee's Sandwiches. Now if you don't know Lee's Sandwiches, they are the cheapest sandwiches I've ever bought. They are Vietnamese Sandwiches - and they are huge. They have all kinds so don't have to be adventurous to try one. But enough about the sandwiches...one of the other things that the Vietnamese are known for is for their strong strong coffees. Forget Starbucks man, this stuff is much more potent I think. But then again I'm not a coffee drinker. But wow - they love this stuff and they love it strong. So next time you're next to a Lee's, or a Vietnamese coffee shop/bakery - drop in and have a coffee. But beware - you better like it strong.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Rokes said...

Those sandwiches look SO good! I think I went to the one in NorCal near my cousin's place. We have Bale and stuff here, but I haven't seen any Vietnamese restaurant with such a sandwich variety here! YUM!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Yum-e said...

hi Rokes! I wonder if Lee's will be the next chain to open up in Hawaii? A lot of my Vietnamese friends have family there - I bet they miss sandwiches like Lee's.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Rokes said...

Hey C! Ooh, that would be AWESOME! And you can't beat the price! I actually got a ham and turkey Vietnamese sandwich the other day just cuz I was craving it with the pickled vegetables and lots of hot rooster (Sriracha?) sauce! I think it's that baguette they put it in...nice and crunchy on the outside and chewy inside. SO good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home