Tuesday, May 23, 2006

leaves vs. bags

Now I don't know about you...but if I were to walk into a high class - over priced - Waikiki Hotel for tea, I'd be expecting some of the best tea around...wouldn't you? Freash Leaves, freshly baked scones or some kind of muffin thingee with either devonshire cream or at least a cream spread of somekind. Okay - maybe I expect too much...but wouldn't you at least expect more than your common house TEA BAG? That's what my girlfriend encountered when she went to a shower for a girlfriend of hers. She emails me asking, "...does that seem wierd to you?" OFCOURSE IT DOES! I'm not baggin' on tea bags in general...I use regular tea bags all the time. What I'm saying is that if you're going to charge like you're the Ritz...well, then you better make sure you can beat the service or at least match the tea of the local tea shop down the block.

What say you?

3 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, a tea BAG for high tea is weird, tacky, unacceptable! Especially if you're going to a fancy place. I would definitely be disappointed with a bag! I think that's part of the whole experience...getting the leaves in your own pot or through your own tea strainers.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Yum-e said...

EXACTLY! I can tea in a bag at my desk at work anyday.

:)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Rokes said...

Ha, ha...sorry, that was me..I couldn't sign it at the time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home