Thursday, October 30, 2008

Passion Fruit Ice Cream with Macadamia Nuts

Oh how I LOOOOVE my new toy!

The MachineMachine assembly part 2

This Cuisinart ice cream maker is just the most awesomest thing! When I first got this toy, I was so intent on making Olive Oil ice cream after having a taste of it at The Dining Room at the Langham hotel in Pasadena, CA. However, when I finally had the time to make some ice cream - I found out at the last minute that I needed "fruity" olive oil...well, I didn't have it and I wasn't about to go out to get it. So...whaddya know, I'd been waiting to make some kind of dessert with some Passion Fruit Concentrate I had bought on a cook's shopping spree with fellow foodie & cupcake queen but never thought about making ice cream with it.


I was so excited to use the Passion Fruit that all thoughts of Olive Oil ice cream were soon extinguished. I looked up a few recipes on the Internet and combining those recipes with ones that came with the machine, I was able to come up with something that might just work.

Passion Fruit Ice Cream
And work it did - took some to work to test on guinea pig co-workers and they absolutely LOVED it!




I can't believe it! My first try at this ice cream thing and it's a big hit. Hmm, what to make next?!

Prepping Macadamias



Well, I haven't forgotten about Olive Oil ice cream but I'm not sure how this will top the Passion Fruit really if you ask me.

All done!Extraction time...

This one came out pretty awesome. The tanginess of the Passion Fruit plays really really well with the creaminess of the ice cream. Yum yum yum!
If you're in the mood for commentary and more pics, check out the whole set here.

Link to recipe for Passion Fruit Macadamia Nut Ice Cream

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Andrea Meyers said...

Your ice cream looks great, and I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe. I'm hooked on both our ice cream maker and The Perfect Scoop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home