Thursday, November 20, 2008

Green Tea Ice Cream

IMG_8440
Thanks to my co-worker Joy from work, I got to work with some really good Green Tea Macha Powder for my next experiment, Green Tea Ice Cream. Yuuuum-e!
IMG_8456
The powder came in a very tiny tiny bag - I thought for a second that I'd need to use the whole thing! But I only needed a mere 4 teaspoons according to my ice cream bible that is The Perfect Scoop. =)
IMG_8449IMG_8451
As you can see, the powder was a very rich green. However, when combined with the cream - the color wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Then again, that might be good. Sometimes REALLY GREEN foods aren't the most appetizing things.
IMG_8454
After having a couple tries at this ice cream making thing, there's one part of the process that I've come to despise. And that part is getting that last bit of ice cream out of the bowl. Do amateur home ice cream makers know what I'm talking about? I'm talking about the ice cream that has frozen to the sides of the bowl making it impossible to remove without a very very stiff spatula! it's not like you can take a metal spoon to this thing so this part is very tasking, especially when the bowl is FREEZING COLD!
IMG_8455
Anyway - it was worth it - green tea sweet creamy goodness was now packaged and ready for me to eat anytime. As always, I tested this out on my co-workers and got a few responses back. Some thought it was a bit rich for their liking; I probably could cut back on some of the egg yolks used in this recipe. Another thought the after taste was interesting; maybe a bit more sugar could tame that after taste but I don't know. I'd have to try it again sometime to see.

But all in all - it wasn't bad and I had a bit of an addiction to it in the afternoon surprisingly. Another experiment down...still trying to get to that Malt Ice Cream! arggggg...

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here. I published this old recipe again just for you. It has, uh...a better color.

GREEN TEA ICE CREAM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home