Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What do you do with left over egg whites?

You make PAVLOVA!

Searching for Pavlova recipeFound a good one!

I LOVE using this sugar given to me by justjenn as a present. It's awesome and perfect for the Pavlova!

Baker's Sugar

Trusty stand mixer and ingredients at the ready!

The setupIngredients at the ready

Whipped egg whites progression:

(Whisk on low till bubbles appear)
Whisk till bubbles appear
(Add sugar and whisk at medium till soft peak stage)
Adding the sugarSoft Peak?
(turn to high speed and whip to stiff peaks)
Stiff peak?Stiff peak?

Adding the cornstarch and vinegar:

Vinegar

My measuring tool in lieu of a circle drawn on parchment:

My measuring tool in lieu of a circle drawn on parchmentUsing my 8" pie pan as a measuring tool

Into the oven for an hour and fifteen. Then turn oven off and leave pavlova in the oven OVERNIGHT with oven door ajar, now THAT I like! No storage issues until morning. =)

Well, here we go into the oven...

The finished product. My first Pavlova! Crispy outside and Marshmallowy inside, YUM!

My first PavlovaCloseup of marshmallowy inside

Cooled and covered, this Pavlova will last another couple days...but for best results, eat sooner! (I won't be serving this for another day or so...so toppings in a later post.)

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap. I'd eat that whole thing. In one sitting.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Yum-e said...

LOL, I knew you would love this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home