Thursday, June 04, 2009

French Parisian Macarons, revisited...

J just sent me this link for making Nutella Macarons! Mmmm, I need to try these! Reading through the blog commentary on the recipe by Nicole of BakingBites.com, I noticed she incorporated much more technique than Martha Stewart did in her Macaron version. (By the way, I've been spelling "Macaron" completely wrong, what an idiot! Okay, maybe not completely idiotic since "Macaroon" is the accepted anglicized version of the original.) Anyway, I digress - Nicole's instructions make so much sense! Like the instructions she gives when adding the sugar to the egg whites...I've tried recipes before where they boil the sugar and water first before adding it slowly to the egg whites being whipped. I've never had a problem with nice glossy meringues using this method and it makes total sense to do it. Also, she adds a couple of the egg whites (non-whipped) to the "meal" mix which solves a big problem that I had with trying to get the egg whites (whipped) folded in nicely into the meal mixture. It just turned out to be a mess trying to get the beated egg whites into the meal mixture directly. I felt that I was losing so much of the air in the meringue by trying to fold the whites in. I have a feeling Nicole's way is going to solve my problem since I know for sure from past experience, folding meringue into a more fluid mixture makes for a better end product (I'm thinking mousse, etc.)

After trying Martha's Macarons a second time (referencing my *Update at the bottom of that post) and to my dismay failing miserably, I have renewed hope after reading Nicole's BakingBites.com post and am looking forward to creating beautiful looking Macarons once again! Now only to find Hazlenut Meal...

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous FriendshipBread said...

Man we love friendship bread. We could eat that sweet bread all day long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home